Saturday, February 19, 2011

Build-a-Blossom

A week or so ago, I saw the cutest little card posted by my good friend Sandi Dailey. She had used the Build-a-Blossom stamp set and coordinating punch from the Occasions Mini catalog and I just fell in love with it!! So, I decided to follow her basic idea to make a larger (5 1/4" x 5 1/4") card for my card class. I kept her color combo and background and came up with this:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Build-a-Blossom, Occasional Quotes, Elements of Style

Cardstock: Garden Green 5 1/4" x 10 1/2" and 2 1/4" x 1 1/2", Night of Navy 5" x 5", 1 1/4" x 2" and some scraps to punch the large petals, Very Vanilla 1" x 1 3/4" and some scraps for the large petals, Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper 4 7/8" x 4 7/8"

Ink: Garden Green, Night of Navy

Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Blossom Petals Punch, Springtime Vintage Big Designer Buttons, Tombo Multi-Purpose Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

I used the Tombo glue to attach the flower petals and the button and added the layered sentiment with dimensionals. The swirly background is from the Elements of Style stamp set. I curled the top petals back with my bone folder so they wouldn't just lay flat. I think it gives more realistic dimension to the flower.

I am so thankful for my stamping friends who give me inspiration. I love sharing their creations too. You can find Sandi's card on her blog. She does AMAZING work and I love her vintage style. She is the one who actually got me hooked on it :) She is just the sweetest lady and I am so lucky to know her!! She is part of the same group that I am in (Ronda Wade's downline) and I miss her so much!! Thank goodness for blogs and facebook. We still keep in touch all of the time :)

Thank you so much for stopping by today so I could share Sandi's inspiration and my creation with you. 'Til next time...................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Laurie, you are just the sweetest for picking a card of mine to CASE! I love your rendention -- but I really don't think of this as a CASE as the design is totally your own. But I hope it did "inspire" you as much as your cards inspire me. You are a natural for vintage and the RubberQueens (me included) miss you terribly. I do have to admit that it is nice not to have to compete against you in the swaps any more -- LOL. You always would win hands down with your beautiful creations. You never know, you might get tired of all that beautiful weather out there and come back to us!! Miss you bunches, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...