Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A New Challenge - The Nicest Things

So, my good friend, Sandi Dailey, introduced me to a new stamping challenge a couple of weeks ago. This week I finally made the decision to jump in with both feet :) I have been wanting to play with the Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper and Quick Accents pack from the Occasions Mini. I decided to pair it up with the Nicest Things stamp set that I haven't used yet :) So, I studied the sketch (very simple and quick!!) which is this:..........





......and when I was all finished, I had this:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: The Nicest Things

Cardstock: Daffodil Delight (5 1/2" x 8 1/2", 3 1/8" x 3 5/8"), Melon Mambo (2 7/8" x 3 3/8", 2" x 5 1/4"), Pacific Point (3 3/8" x 3 7/8"), Whisper White (2 5/8" x 3 1/8"), Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper (2 1/2" x 5 1/4")

Ink: Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Soft Suede

Accessories: Ice Cream Parlor Ribbons & Buttons Pack (SAB), Blender Pens, Markers - Blush Blossom, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

I just love the bright colors in all of these accessories. They just brighten my day :) And aren't these two little girls cute??! The first time I saw them I thought they were so precious and absolutely perfect to send on a card to a close friend, sister, cousin,........lol - the list goes on :) The Ice Cream Parlor packs will only be around until the end of March so be sure to place your $50 orders here to get yours FREE!!

If you are a subscriber to my blog, you no doubt already received a notification of this post and noticed that it wasn't finished yet - gotta love technology!! I apologize for that - not quite sure why pressing the "enter" button to start a new paragraph would erase some of my typing and publish my post - go figure! :) But, I would like to thank you all for stopping by and visiting. I hope you will be inspired to join in the challenge as well. Check them out and see all of the great entries on the Try Stampin' On Tuesday blog. 'Til next time.............................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

7 comments:

  1. This is so darn cute Laurie!! I could have sworn I had left a comment before, but maybe it was because I saw it on LNS -- heck if I know. All I know for sure is that is it darling and I'm glad you decided to enter the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, this card is just Beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute Laurie!!! Glad you could join us on Try Stampin On Tuesday!! Love to see our friends join us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so cute! I wish I had that stampset. You did the sketch proud. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card. Love your bright color choices! I have two granddaughters who would each love this card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute and I love your bright colours! So glad you found the time to play along at Try Stamping on Tuesday;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. Makes me want to take off shoes and go running through the grass.(LOL) Ooops forgot for a minute that we have SNOW on the ground.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...