Sunday, January 9, 2011

Be My Valentine

In my card class this month, I decided to do a couple of Valentine's Day cards since this is really the only chance we will have to do them (next month's class is only 2 days before it). I love the single stamps that Stampin' Up sells now because they are an inexpensive way to make very nice cards.

In the Occasions Mini catalog, there are 4 new single stamps - one for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Mother's Day, and a very cute little "handmade by" stamp for personalizing your cards. They are all just tooo cute! I chose the Be My Valentine stamp set to make this:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Be My Valentine

Cardstock:
Real Red, Whisper White, Red Glimmer Paper

Ink:
Riding Hood Red

Accessories:
Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Small Heart Punch, Real Red 3/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots

I absolutely LOVE the Glimmer Paper in the new mini catalog! It is a 12x12 sheet of glitter that does not end up everywhere but on the paper :) And it is a super easy way to add some extra bling to your Valentine's Day cards. It is soooo sparkly when the light hits it - gorgeous!!! When we initially made this card, we attached the stamped piece just using our snail but I found this morning that it isn't sticking so well. So, I would advise you to attach anything on top of this glimmer paper with glue dots. They hold much better! I will have to be sure to let my class attendees know that. I decided to use Riding Hood Red for my ink rather than Real Red because it doesn't seem to smear as easy. For some reason, Real Red takes a bit longer to dry and I usually end up touching it too soon and have a mess :) This particular shade worked perfectly with this card because the ribbon is more opaque than most so there was a natural "blending" of the reds.

I have lots more cards to share with you that use the fun products from the Occasions Mini that I will post throughout the week. Thanks for stopping by today and sharing some Valentine's wishes. 'Til next time....................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Love the red glitter paper - it really sets the heart stamp off very well....the individual stamps are wonderful additions to our choices.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...