Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Friends Never Fade

I know everyone across the nation is feeling some affect from winter right now so I thought I would bring a touch of spring to my card class this month. One of my favorite Designers Series Papers (I know - I have lots of favorites..lol) is the Greenhouse Gala collection. It coordinates with so many colors! What I like best about it, is that you can even find ways to use it with colors that are not part of the description for it.

It also coordinates with the Friends Never Fade stamp set which makes it nice. You only have to have one dsp, a couple of core colors, and one stamp set to create beautiful cards. But, I added one other stamp set to come up with this:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Friends Never Fade, Full of Life

Cardstock:
Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Whisper White

Ink:
Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist

Accessories:
Marina Mist 1/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, 1 3/8-inch Square Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

I really wish we had a 1 1/2-Square Punch. It would have made for less cutting with this card :) I added the blossom squares with dimensionals and the bow with a glue dot. I always think this image looks more like an artichoke than a blossom..lol! Some of the Designer Series Paper has the image on it, too. That is what makes this coordinating set so appealing. You can have the stamped image on your background with no effort :)

This was another of those CAS (Cute and Simple) cards that we love making in my class. I hope you enjoyed it and that it brought a ray of sunshine and thoughts of spring to you today. Thanks for stopping by to share with me. 'Til next time................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...