Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Notably Ornate and Blogger Award

Before I show you the card I chose for today, I would like to thank my good friend, Lynn Schulz, for this wonderful blog award!! I am so honored that she chose me to receive this.




I visit Lynn's blog often along with many others by people back home. It makes me feel like we are keeping in touch :) Thank so much, Lynn!! For accepting this, there are a couple of things I need to do. First, I need to tell you 8 things about myself that you may not know. So, here goes:

1. Before I fell in love with stamping, I owned my own craft business. I made dolls and home decor items from cloth and wood and wholesaled them to local craft businesses.

2. When I was young, I was scared to death to talk in front of people. But, I let my best friend talk me into signing up for Drama class in high school and have not been the same since :) Just try to keep my quiet now...lol!!

3. I am a certified Insight Learning Facilitator and love to conduct professional development workshops with groups.

4. My true passion is community service and my dream job is an event planner for a non-profit organization. I have volunteered with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society since 2001.

5. I love the music from the 1970's and sing it as loud as I want to in my car with the windows rolled up :)

6. I would like to take a photography class so I can learn to take awesome pictures.

7. I cannot eat a bagel without cream cheese - it just seems un-American to me :)

8. I also do direct sales as a crew member of Noah's Ark Animal Workshop - a build-a-bear workshop in your home.

Now I have to pass this award onto 8 other "Stylish Bloggers". Here are my choices:

June Switzer http://www.stampinwithjune.blogspot.com/

Kelly Mayou http://www.weekendstamper.blogspot.com/

Jamie Adcock http://www.want2bcreative.blogspot.com/

Rebecca Ingalls-Fleet http://www.scrappywonder.blogspot.com/

Marisol Gutierrez http://www.atouchofsol.blogspot.com/

Kirsten Brown http://www.imstampinsilly.blogspot.com/

Sharon Field http://www.createdbyu.blogspot.com/

Becky Roberts http://www.inkingidaho.blogspot.com/


I get so much inspiration from all of these ladies!! I hope you will visit their blogs. So, now for today's card. I made this for my swap partner, Betty Traciak, in the UStamp event I am currently a Guest Designer in. It's funny because I didn't "meet" Betty until I moved to California and she actually lives about an hour from where I lived in Michigan. Small world!! This is the card I sent her:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Notably Ornate

Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla

Ink: Early Espresso, Perfect Plum

Accessories: Certainly Celery 1 1/4-inch Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Chantilly Lace Trim, Stampin' Dimensionals, Basic Pearls, Modern Label Punch

I love the "old world" feel of this stamp set. I think it would be really cool paired with the "postcard" image from Winter Post too. I am going to have to try that :) I also did the card with my card class in January. I think it is a nice breath of spring. Blushing Bride is quickly becoming my favorite shade of pink - it coordinates so well with lots of the core colors.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the card and that you will get some inspiration from the same places I do. 'Til next time.................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks BABE! I am honored! I feel the same about all my friends/sisters at USTAMP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly Laurie! Thank you so much for the blog award. UStamp has afforded me the opportunty to meet so many amazing stamping friends and I am blessed to count you among them!

    Your card is as fabulous as you are!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...