Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Herb Expressions Lattice Card

It has been quite awhile since I made a lattice card. I just love the look of this style of card. I remember the ladies in my card class back home loving them too, so I decided to introduce my new class to them :). I am happy to announce......they liked it as well! I was so glad they did - they are simple to make and very cool.

For this one, I dug out a stamp set that I love (yes, another one!!...lol) - Herb Expressions. I used some of the new Sweet Stitches DSP from the Occasions Mini catalog to come up with this:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Herb Expressions

Cardstock:
SoSaffron, Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Sweet Stitches Designer Series Paper

Ink:
Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry

Accessories:
Rich Razzleberry 5/8-inch Satin Ribbon, Markers - Wild Wasabi, So Saffron

To make the "lattice", you simply cut short diagonal lines along the folded edge of your card and fold the little flap created by them down toward the bottom of the card. They stay down on their own when the card is folded so there is no need to glue them. This is how it looks close up:




Isn't it cute? I learned how to make these at a card class I went to when I first got started with Stampin' Up. We sometimes learn so much that we put things away and tend to forget about them for awhile. Sometimes, it is just plain fun to go back and dust things off for a fresh "new" look :) My next step will be going through some old files to see what other "prizes" I have tucked away that I could be sharing with all of you.

Thanks for stopping by today and sharing this one with me. I hope it inspires you to dig out some of your hidden treasures to share with others :) 'Til next time................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...