Sunday, July 25, 2010

Up and Running

Well, the blog is finally up and running again! :) I have really missed this!! I still don't have everything unpacked that I brought with me but I am making progress. It was a little warm this afternoon so my parents and I decided to go to one of our favorite spots to cool off - Shelter Island. We used to spend a lot of summer evenings there when I was young. Whenever it got too hot in the valley, we packed a picnic supper and headed there. It is a place I have missed dearly for the past 25 years.

But today, it was just thoroughly enjoyed! And when we got home I decided that rather than dragging out stamps, ink, and paper I would use My Digital Studio to create a greeting card for all of my friends in Michigan and elsewhere. I used a picture I took today and this is how it turned out:





I just love My Digita l Studio!!! At first, I thought it was not something I would ever be interested in owning. But, I was told that digital scrapbooking was the up-and-coming trend so I figured I should at least purchase it if I wanted to show it to my customers. Well, lo and behold----I was hooked!! You can do so much more than scrapbooking with this program!! As you can see, you can create greetings cards and you can make videos, interactive albums, and calendars. The possibilities are endless! And it is soooo much fun. You can swap out backgrounds and designer series papers without having to take them out and put them back and have them spread all over the table :) You can actually find the project you are working on - LOL! It works as an awesome design tool! I will definitely be doing a great deal more with it this year! It includes stamp sets, and embellishments as well. And Stampin' Up offers digital downloads quite often so you just keep building your library - and the best part is that whatever is in there NEVER retires! You can purchase your copy here or contact me to place your order. You will love it!
I thought I would share a few more of the photos I took today. It was an absolutely perfect day with a gently ocean breeze as we sat and watched the sailboats:




The land behind the boats is North Island where the naval air station is. Sometimes you can watch the fighter jets take off. Today, a huge white plane (some sort of transporter) took off but I wasn't ready with the camera at the time - I was engrossed in my Sudoku book :) There was enough wind today for windsurfing too:





He had been all around out in the closer part of the bay and was coming into the small beach on Shelter Island. Then we saw this huge ship heading out of the bay. It is a ship that transports cars and other vehicles. It was headed for Hawaii - wish I could have hitched a ride :)






Well, I have really enjoyed getting back into the swing of things. I have my interview tomorrow afternoon with two managers so hopefully, at least one of them will have a position and be willing to offer one to me.

Just a note about something that happened this week very close to my hometown in Michigan. A small plane crashed over Lake Michigan carrying 5 people. They were flying a cancer patient to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota when they lost power in the plane. One of the passengers was a doctor that works in the clinic we go to, another was a man my hubby worked for when we first moved to Michigan years ago. The cancer patient was the superintendant of one of the local high schools and his wife was with them as well. So far, the only survivor that has been found is the pilot. The other 4 are missing and presumed dead. These people are from a small community and they are all very promninent and well-known people. Please pray for the families of the victims and for this community. It has truly devastated many people. This is so tragic and sad and I appreciate all of you and your prayers for them. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!


























2 comments:

  1. Laurie, Love the card. I've got MDS but I haven't done much with it yet. I need to get busy. Saw lots of demo's at convention. Glad your getting settled in. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't hear about the plane crash until I got home yesterday. The pilot, Jerry Fried, I've known for a long time. His daughter dated my nephew for a long time. Such a sad story.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...