Thursday, July 29, 2010

Some more Notecards

Oh my gosh!!!! Before I can even start this post I have to tell you how EXCITED I am!!! In the past 3 minutes I uploaded two photos, deleted them off, and reloaded them! On my old dial-up network that would have taken about 4 hours!!! I am lovin' this highspeed wireless!!! OK, deep breath.......

So, before I left Michigan I had taken more pictures of the flowers that were blooming in my front yard. I liked the Lilac Notecards so much that I decided to do something with the others, too. So, I dug out a package of the Notecards with Envelopes and put these together:





I had gotten a seed packet template from Judy Marshall that allowed me to change the name of the flower and add my name and location to the bottom. I love it!! Sooo cute. She originally designed this to be used on cards that incorporated some of the fun cardstock flowers that very creative people have been coming up with. But, I decided to opt for the easy way out on this set and use my photos. Once I get settled in to my own place and the rest of my supplies make it here, I will most likely give the others a try, too. It will be fun to see how many I can find. Here is a closer look at the seed packet template:




I was so excited to see how well the new colors and In Colors matched up to the flowers. On the yellow day lily I used Daffodil Delight as a mat. The orange day lily uses Peach Parfait, the iris uses Concord Crush, the lilac uses Elegant Eggplant, and the Snowball uses Pear Pizzazz. It's almost like they were all made for each other - LOL! How could Stampin' Up have known?? :)

The complete list of supplies:

Cardstock:
Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Elegant Eggplant, Concord Crush, Whisper White

Accessories:
Notecards with Envelopes, Scallop Trim Border Punch

These are so simple to make. I love the versatility handmade cards offer. I didn't do any stamping on these at all. I just printed the template on Whisper White cardstock, cut it to size and added my own photos. It really adds a part of me to the notecard that I can share with whomever I choose to send the note to. Hopefully, I will have some flowers here to use in the future. I am still working on a "house" for these little beauties and as soon as I come up with one, I will post it for you. In the meantime, take some of your favorite photos and turn them into personal notecards that you can share with a friend. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...