Monday, July 19, 2010

Fifth Avenue Floral

Well, only a few more days here in Michigan. I am flying out to San Diego on Thursday :) So excited for this change. I even have a job interview already set up - such a blessing!!!! After nearly 3 years of countless resumes that produced nothing, I can't help but be filled with excitement!! The packing and sorting seems never-ending but I must remain steadfast in my task......yada, yada.

So, on to something fun - like stamping :) Well, actually I stamped this awhile ago but it just seemed appropriate to share it with you now. One of my favorite stamp sets is Fifth Avenue Floral. I love the outlined flowers because they offer endless possibilities. You can color them in with markers, color them with the watercolor crayons or pencils, use your reinkers, pastels....and the list goes on. Or you can do like I did and just stamp them in an array of colors to create a subtle background:






I stamped the images using the same shades as my colored cardstock - Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, and Pink Pirouette - onto Whisper White. It is like making your own Designer Series Paper. Too fun!! And oh so simple! Then I stamped the sentiment with Basic Gray, smudged a bit of Pink Piroutte to look like a color burst and started stacking the layers. So quick and easy! And I just love this verse - really reminds us that we have but one life and we need to live it to its fullest!! I intend to start taking more time to enjoy what I love - stamping, friends, and family. Well, not necessarily in that order every day :)

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Fifth Avenue Floral

Cardstock:
Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White

Ink:
Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette

Accessories:
Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon (retired)

Needless to say, I was absolutely thrilled when Stampin' Up brought back Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette as part of their core colors. I didn't like Baja Breeze at first but the more I used it, the more I just couldn't get enough of it. Now it is like I have hooked up with an old friend :) I can't wait to get to my mom's and back to stamping. It will be a nice way to spend time with her and all of you. So, keep watch at the end of the week for new posts. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...