Saturday, February 25, 2017

Flowering Dogwoods

I just love the Flowering Dogwood collection from Heartfelt Creations! It is their newest collection and just in time for Spring and Easter. The subtle colors and gorgeous blossoms open up a whirlwind of possibilities! After using them on my design team call entry, I began thinking of some other project I could do with them. I have a dear friend who lives in Kansas City and she has the absolute cutest twins who just turned 4. I was thinking of doing something with a picture of each them. So, I went searching through her photos on facebook and came across the perfect picture....it was just the whole family instead of only the twins.

So, the wheels starting turning......I started by printing their photo on heavy white cardstock....



See what I mean.....are those little sweeties just too cute?? I have never met them but I look forward to the day that I do. Anyway, back to business. They recently moved into their new home that seemed to take a lifetime for the builder to finish so I decided to create something as a "housewarming" gift. I chose what seemed to be the perfect background page and started going a little crazy....those of you who know me know that it does happen often...lol! I stamped, sponged, and cut flowers and leaves. Then I cut a few of the awesome doily-type shapes with the Raindrops on Roses die (oh my gosh, I love that set). I matted the photo using Stampin Up Sweet Sugarplum and Mossy Meadow cardstock. I used Sweet Sugarplum and Memento Summer Sky ink to color the flowers. I shaped them with the Flower Shaping Tool from Heartfelt Creations (don't know how I have made flowers for so many years without it) and then touched them up with some glitter.




The colors blended together perfectly!! Could not have asked for anything better! I put it a 12x12 white shadowbox frame, made a little notecard and packed it up for the postman! And then I thought....way to go! You forgot to take a photo of the total finished project and the notecard...duh! Well, thankfully Hope loved the picture and shared it with her friends and family on her fb page....Thank you, Hope!!!! So, here it is.....




I love the way it turned out, too. And I am so happy she loves it! Sharing my love of papercrafting and bringing a smile to someone's face is the reason I do this. Makes my heart happy!!

To create the card, I found a small panel that matched the background page that I had used...how cool is that!! So, I cut it out and attached it the front of a 4 1/4x 5 1/2-inch card base. I found a thin border that says "Spring is in the Air" and cut a piece long enough to have it on twice. I added it to the card by just putting a drop of the Dries Clear Adhesive on each end and then glued it down so the center is raised a bit. Then I cut a little tag that says "Just a Note" and attached it close the end of the banner using the Dries Clear. It was so awesome that I could make the card match!!

Hope was even kind of enough to add a close-up photo of the dogwoods for me...lol! My, my, I do not know where my head was with this one.... I guess I was just trying hard to get it finished up and ready to ship out! So, here they are up close and personal.....




Looking closely, you can see the glitter accents and those adorable little prills that fill the center of the blossoms. I just love those little buggers!!! Can't hardly make a flower without them now!

Well, I hope you found something in this project that will inspire you to create a keepsake of your own. Be sure to visit Heartfelt Creations for some really great products!! 'Til next time.......

Happy Crafting,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...