Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Open Sea Sneak Peek

I was so excited when I received my Summer Mini catalog from Stampin' Up last month. It offers some really great accessories and some stamp sets for masculine cards. We seem so limited when it comes to making cards for husbands, dads, sons, etc. So it is always great to see more. I love the stamp set in the Occasion Mini with the airplane, but I have to admit that I love boats!! At least, on paper :) I have never been especially comfortable in a boat unless it is a big one that isn't tipsy in the water!!

But, having grown up in San Diego, I used to spend alot of time watching sailboats on the bay. And one of the neatest museums I have ever been to is the Star of India, which is a clipper ship. I walked all the way through the boat and my fascination with them was only fueled :) I used to collect them but through the years had to give most of them away. So, needless to say, The Open Sea was a "must-have" stamp set for me. I needed a swap card for Ronda Wade's downline meeting last week and this is what I came up with:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: The Open Sea, Wonderful Favorites

Cardstock: Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Confetti White, Nautical Expedition DSP

Ink: Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy

Accessories: Cherry Cobbler/White Baker's Twine, Night of Navy 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Stampin' Dimensionals

This Designer Series Paper is beautiful!! I love the colors and the images are amazing! I know I will be playing with this collection alot this year and for many years to come :) Sometimes you just come across a stamp set that you know you will keep even after it retires - this is definitely one of those for me. And the great thing is that it will also be available as a digital download for My Digital Studio :) I was so excited to see that as I am planning to create a digital photo book for my son and his girlfriend to commemorate their trip to San Diego - perfect timing :)

Today, I am dreaming of getting back to sunny San Diego as I watch the snow and sleet out my windows. The weather here in Michigan is so cold and I can't wait to get back to the sunshine :) Someone forgot to tell this state that Spring has arrived!! Brrrrrrr!!!

I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek at some upcoming products. I will be sharing more soon. There is so much in the new Summer Mini that will be fun to play with. Thanks for stopping by and allowing me to share my love of stamping with you. As always, feel free to leave a comment - I love to hear from my readers :) "Til next time...........................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice masculine card Laurie! Miss chatting with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your card, it was my favorite swap

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...