Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fabulous Florets

Thanks to my wonderful customers and terrific downline, I was able to promote to Manager with Stampin' Up at the end of February. With that promotion, I earned $150 in FREE product!! I was so excited because I was able to use it for my Summer Mini preorder. There was so much that I wanted and I knew I absolutely had to order the Fabulous Florets stamp set and the coordinating Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper.

I love this paper because it coordinates with some of my favorite colors - Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Tangerine Tango. I have been wanting to try some 3-D projects so I laid everything out and started thinking. And then, someone posted this project from The Rubber Cafe and I knew I had to make it:




This is the box without the cards inside:




I stamped some of the flowers on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and then ran it through my Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder for that little piece of homemade DSP on the inside of the box. And, I just love the sentiment that comes in the set:




I made 5 identical cards (one in each of the 5 coordinating colors) to go inside. I stamped the stem image and cut it out, then attached it using dimensionals. I stamped the flowers and then sponged them with the same color. I cut them out and attached them with dimensionals, too. Then I stamped the stem on the back of each of the envelopes:




Here is a closer view of the card done in Pacific Point:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Fabulous Florets

Cardstock:
Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper

Ink:
Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi

Accessories:
Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Stampin' Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip

This was so easy and fun to make! I think it would be a great little gift for a birthday or even for Mother's Day. I can't wait to see what new products we will have for Christmas, too. It would be a fun class.....watch for the details on that one :)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed this fun 3-D project. I'm off to see what else I can come up with :) 'Til next time................................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Laurie Congratulations!!!! That is awesome girl! That box is neat! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this stamp set, your cards are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your promote to Manager. Now that's something to celebrate. I love these cards and the beautiful little box, they're just awesome! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...