Sunday, January 22, 2012

Update on My Husband

I would like to thank all of you for your prayers and support through the past few months. It is with a heavy heart that I tell you Jim lost his battle with cancer this afternoon. He had such a difficult time over the past 6 months and his body just gave up. But, I have comfort in knowing that he is in a much better place and no longer having to endure the pain and diarrhea and the constant frustration of not feeling well.

We had so many things that we still wanted to do together and I miss him so much already. But, I am taking some much needed time with our son and will be back to stamping in the near future. Jim always enjoyed the cards and projects I make and I know he would want that to continue.

Thanks again for all of your prayers. I know they were answered because now he is at peace.

God Bless you all and thank you for being part of my life. 'Til next time..........................

Laurie

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I also lost my husband in October (Wegeners, rare autoimmune disease). I am sure that you did a lot of praying as I did during my husband's illness and are much closer to God because of it. You are right--he is not in pain and is happy. My daughter had a visit from my husband in a dream---a very bright room, he entered thru a door and was wearing a white jumpsuit. He had a huge smile on is face. My daughter asked if the food was good and he said it was excellent. She asked if he was happy and he said he was very happy. I always thought when I saw a butterfly, that it was a spirit. My husband would kid me on walks, and when I saw a butterfly, he would ask "well, who is that?". A couple of days after he died, there was a flat tire on his car, so I called AA and the whole time they were changing the tire, I was sitting on the front porch and a big red butterfly sat on the sidewalk about 2 feet from me---this was at the end of October in Michigan, when there are no butterflies. It was a kind of butterfly I had never seen before and cannot find any pictures of it on the internet. I know he was there at least in spirit to make sure everything was okay. I am telling you all of this because your husband is with you even though you cannot see him and is very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are in my prayers

    Jeri from Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...