Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Non-Traditional Valentine Love

I absolutely love the color combination in the Twitterpated Designer Series Paper in the new Occasions Mini Catalog! And even though, I love it, it's still fun to change it up a bit :) So, that's what I decided to do for my first Valentine's Day card. I chose the page that has all of the pretty little flowers all over it and then laid out the other colors. But, I just happened to have a scrap of Pink Pirouette on my stamping table and laid it against the Island Indigo....you guessed it - LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!! I will be putting these two together alot from now on :)

Anyway, I had just gotten Valentine Love in the order my hubby got me for Christmas so I decided to try a little "non-traditional" Valentine's Day Card. This is how it turned out:




I colored the inside portion of the heart image (it has a vine around it on the stamp) with my Blushing Bride Marker and stamped it. Then I used the sentiment and stamped over the heart with Riding Hood Red ink. I punched it out with the Full Heart Punch and then layered it onto a piece of Island Indigo cut with the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit. I attached it with a dimensional to make it "pop." And, I love how it just gives a very small scalloped border around the punched heart:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Valentine Love

Cardstock: Island Indigo, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Twitterpated Designer Series Paper

Ink: Riding Hood Red

Accessories: Big Shot, Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit, Blushing Bride Marker, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blushing Bride Pleated Ribbon

I also used the marker to color the row of hearts along the bottom of the piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock. It gave the hearts more "texture" than just using the ink pad. And, don't you just adore that pleated ribbon!!? It is available in 4 colors - all coordinate with this Designer Series Paper. It is so soft and actually very easy to work with. But, it does work best if you just add it as a flat layer and don't wrap it around behind. Gets a bit bulky if you do.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and for your continued support through my absence. I appreciate you all so much and love the opportunity to share my ideas with you :) 'Til next time.........................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...