Sunday, January 15, 2012

Apothecary Art and new Framelits

Wow! My life has been so crazy lately! But, I finally got some time to stamp this weekend and play with all of my new "toys" from the Occasions Mini Catalog and my Sale-a-Bration preorder. Can you say, "OH MY GOODNESS!!!"? I am having sooooo much fun! I knew I had to do my very first card using the awesome new Framelits....LOVE these!!! I have been waiting a long time for Stampin' Up to come out with something like this - they are amazing!

And the best part is the coordinating stamp set.....Apothecary Art. The images in this set fit perfectly with the Labels Collection Framelits. It was difficult to choose which image to use first, but I finally chose this one:



I love the way the floral image is mirrored on opposite sides of the banner. I colored the image with markers. I stamped an extra image and cut the banner from the second one, then stamped the words and colored the edge before attaching it with dimensionals. Then I added a special touch with some pearls and attached the entire label with dimensionals:



The final touch was one of the fabulous new hat pins. I think they are very cool on a project that looks vintage. I attached the seam binding and lace trim as flat pieces to the card first and then tied separate bows of each. I stuck the hat pin through the knots to join them and then threaded the body of the pin behind the large portion of the label. It just laid there so nice. I didn't even have to use glue dots or anything to attach the bows. But, I did decide to put one on the back of the lace bow just for added support.



The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Apothecary Art

Cardstock: Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper

Ink: Basic Gray, Lucky Limeade

Accessories: Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits, Basic Pearls, Pool Party 1/2-inch Seam Binding, Victoria Lace Trim, Hat Pin, Pool Party and Lucky Limeade Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

I just love the way this turned out! The framelits are my absolute favorite new accessory for my Big Shot! I can't wait to try the Hearts Collection, too. They are just tooo fun!! I sure hope you don't get sick and tired of seeing them over the next few months..lol :) And, I promise that you will see them alot. I must say that I will be quite disappointed if this stamp set doesn't make it into the new catalog in July. The images are gorgeous! And they are wonderful for the vintage style that I have grown to love so much.

Update on the homefront....Things are progressing rather slowly with Jim's treatment. They have stopped all chemotherapy because he has had some pretty severe side effects for several months now. His in the hospital right now and they are working hard to get things under control. But, it just seems like he takes one step forward and two steps back. I thank God every day for my friends and family and all of your support and prayers. And having time to stamp gives me a much needed break from the craziness and frustration. So, I hope you will all hang in there with me this year. I know it will get better! "Til next time..............................,

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Laurie, love the addition of the pin with the gorgeous ribbon. So sorry to hear about the setback with Jim, please know that I have added him to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...