Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Try Stampin' On Tuesday

I am so excited to be the Guest Designer over on Try Stampin' On Tuesday today!! They are such a talented group and I am honored to "be one of them" for this challenge. Their sketches are always lots of fun and this one is no exception:




With all of the traveling last week and the unpacking and getting back into the swing of things at work, I have to admit I was at a bit of a "loss of Mojo" at first. So, I decided - if it ain't broke, don't fix it - and just followed the sketch to the "T" this time :) It really is OK to do that now and then. This is what I came up with:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Fabulous
Florets

Cardstock:
Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper

Ink:
Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi

Accessories:
Scallop Trim Border Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Marina Mist 5/6" Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Sponges

I just love the colors in this Designer Series Paper - and there is such a great variety in the prints. To showcase the small flower, I decided to stray away from my usual style of adding it with a dimensional. So, I punched the Scallop Oval from scrap of Whisper White and laid it on my Whisper White layer. Then I used it as a mask to sponge with Wild Wasabi and then Pacific Point. The cool thing is that now I also have the oval piece that is sponged around the edges to use on another project :) I just LOVE those 2-fers!!!! LOL!!

I had so much fun with this sketch and I hope you will hop on over to Try Stampin' On Tuesday and play along with the challenge this week. Thanks for stopping by here so I could share my card with you. 'Til next time................................,

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurie! This turned out really nice! And yep following the sketch to a T is A OK!!!! Glad to have you on board this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...