Saturday, May 14, 2011

VC Rocks Blog Hop - Color My World

I hope you are enjoying the VC Rocks Blog Hop!! There are some amazing projects for your viewing pleasure from some very talented ladies - 30 of them!!!!

You probably just arrived from the blog of the very talented Angela Walters. She is awesome! I just love her work.

With the theme this month being "Color My World" I couldn't help but combine some bright colors with some coloring techniques for my project. And with spring in the air and summer on it's way, I had to choose a stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog. I chose "Touch of Kindness" to create this card:




I just adore these little birds in the birdbath. It reminds me of the scene outside the living room window here at my parents' home. They do get pretty lively sometimes :) To color the image, I used the pastels and markers. I colored the sentiment from "Word Play" with markers, then huffed (the only time that is legal) before stamping it on the cardstock:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Touch of Kindness, Word Play

Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper

Ink: Basic Gray

Accessories: Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Whisper White 3/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Pastels, Stampin' Write Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen

I love using the pastels for a very subtle coloring effect. I like the markers when I want a bolder image like I got with the sentiment. Mixing and matching is always fun and helps add dimension to your project. I hope I have inspired you to explore the possibilities with some color today and that you enjoy the rest of the projects on the blog hop. Your next stop is with Debbie Martin - you will not be disappointed!!

'Til next time..............................,

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

9 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB! Love the layers and texture and of course the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards. Great job mixing and matching the pastels and markers! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pastel coloring? It is so beautiful! Maybe you could teach me; mine never look that nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Laurie!!! I'm so very sorry that I missed you when you came home -- maybe next time??? Glad you made it back safe and sound.
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring! I may have to get this stamp set after all. Great use of the tangerine cardstock. I usually have a hard time with this color, but this is stunning! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This set just came with my recent order from SU, now I can't wait to put it to use. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.
    Marsha W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cute and colorful! I've been trying to resist this set, Laurie, but you're making it hard. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Laurie! So bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love your layering -- all the DSP, use of the embossing folder and your great coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...