Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Gift Box Card

My second project for the Fotobella Design Team using the Christmas Treasures collection by Bo Bunny is a gift box card. I learned to make this several years ago using this tutorial. I just love this idea. What a great way to share a greeting but also to offer some fun tags for packages.


I altered the size from the original tutorial to measure 5x7 when completed. I also made it a little deeper to hold thicker tags. I used two of the layered chipboard pieces to spread some "peace and joy." Then I snipped between the petals of a poinsettia and some holly from the ephemera pack and used a flower shaping tool to give them some dimension...


The card ties closed with a ribbon attached to the center of the back of the card and when opened....it reveals the treasures found inside....


Beneath the tags, I added another piece from the ephemera pack to send a message of good cheer....


And these little tags were all either ephemera pieces or stickers included in the collection. It makes it so easy to create little extras when you have great pieces to work with....



This is definitely a card you would want to send early in the month of December so the person who receives it can use the tags for their packages. How fun would it be to receive this!

I hope you enjoyed this project and will try to make one for some of your friends this Christmas. It is easy and quick and could actually also hold Ghirardelli chocolates...hint! 'Til next time.....

Happy Crafting,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...