Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Flowering Dogwood Easter

I have been having so much fun with mini albums and folios lately that I haven't been doing many cards. So, I thought since Spring is on it's way, I would start thinking about Easter. The beautiful Flowering Dogwood collection from Heartfelt Creations is my "go to" for all things Easter. I decided rather than doing the traditional 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card I would go a bit larger. This one is 5 x 7....



I cut the large image from the Eyelet Lace Frames die from a piece of gold foil cardstock and layered it onto a background piece of patterned paper. I stamped the branch and dove from the Flowering Dogwood & Doves Cling Stamp Set with Archival Jet Black ink on white cardstock. I used the Stack and Store Daubers to shade the dove with Memento Summer Sky ink. I colored the dogwood blossoms with daubers and Stampin' Up Pistachio Pudding ink and the leaves with Mossy Meadow ink. Then I cut the images out with the coordinating die set. I used the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit to shape the flowers and add some dimension to the leaves and the dove. I bent the branch to spread it out and attached it above the church with Art Glitter Glue and let the branches hang free. I glued the flowers and leaves along the bottom after attaching the dove with a dimensional dot. I added some Lettuce Entertain You prills to the centers of the flowers.  I used one the sentiments from the collection and matted it with black and pistachio pudding cardstock then attached it with a dimensional. Once I had everything glued in place, I added clear Wink of Stella to the flowers, leaves, and the edges of the dove. It doesn't show up well in the photo but it is amazing in person.

I hope I have inspired you today to start your Easter projects and cards. I am so looking forward to spring and it's beauty! 'til next time.....

Happy Crafting,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...