Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Fun Folio

It has been pretty cold here in Michigan over the past few months so I have been especially busy crafting! I love being able to craft at my leisure instead of having to squeeze time in for the things I enjoy most.....retirement has been fun so far!!

At the recommendation of my good friend, Gloria Stengel, I joined a wonderful group of ladies on Facebook who offer the best tutorials!! They do everything from altered art to mini albums. I have had such a great time making their projects and giving them my own tweeks…..

This is a great folio that Tamra Merrill shared. I used the gorgeous Shabby Chic collection from Stamperia to make mine....



The base is made with medium-weight chipboard and covered with Linen Cardstock. I love that stuff! I found a brand that doesn't crack at all when folding. On the cover of the folio, there is a pocket that can hold cards, or little tags to jot notes on or whatever suits your fancy. This paper collection has beautiful cut-aparts so I chose three of those and matted them with the linen cardstock.


The images on this paper are just breathtaking! And the colors have a very subtle vintage feel. I added the little postcard cut-apart to the pocket front and fussy cut a butterfly and attached it with a dimensional. The inside holds lots more goodies....


On the left side is a large pocket. I made several like this but I think I will also do some with this pocket on the right side rather than the left...I just think it might work better for some folks.



The folio holds a Junior Legal Pad. I added a piece of the patterned paper to the top of the tablet to cover the section that binds it. The cardboard backing slides right down into the pocket so it can easily be replaced when you run out of paper. On the right side sits a large pocket that can hold so many different things....



I really like pocket because it can hold a lot...and it has a magnetic closure so you don't have to worry about things falling out when you open the folio. I chose 2 large cut-aparts for mine...



I just love the roses and butterflies in this collection! And I was able to save a gorgeous one for the back of the folio....



This folio is great for so many things! You could put notecards and envelopes in the large pocket and jot monthly birthdays on the tablet. Or you could use the tablet for a grocery list and store your coupons in the large pocket. And you could plan your weekly menu on the tablet and put your recipe cards in the pocket.....so many fun possibilities!!!

I hope you have enjoyed this little folio. Thanks for stopping by....

Happy Crafting,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...